Since returning back from our National Elim Conference a few weeks ago, I’ve intentionally shifted in how I’m approaching certain aspects of Church life. Our pre-service prayer meetings for example have become more about worship and connection with God rather than the usual praying for the different aspects of our service. What this has done is brought a greater anticipation amongst our guys for God to move in our meetings in some way. I’ve certainly noticed the difference and I hope you have too.
There’s on old saying I once heard long ago “it’s hard to move a parked car”. What this means is that it’s easier for God to lead and direct you when you’re already in motion. It’s a lot harder to get things moving from a stand still position…. This is the law of momentum.
When you have momentum in an organization or church or life, it’s easier to try new ideas or new ways. So the key to implementing the new ideas or new things is starting while you have momentum.
Increase in influence in the Community = momentum
Connection with new people = momentum
Deeper understanding of God = momentum
Breakthrough in an area = momentum.
Continued breakthrough = great momentum.
Development and growth in the organization = momentum
So here are some keys to maintaining momentum:
1. Start. Many wait for things to happen to them. Whether it be a new job, a new relationship, a healthier way of living. Waiting doesn’t change anything, starting does.
Peter only found out he could walk on water when he stepped out of the boat. We all have to just start. Set you mind on what it is you are after then start.
On Tuesday we ran a Light Party attended by over 120 people including 70 kids. For me the win was in just running one. By the way, thank you to everyone involved in making it happen. What a great night.
2. Keep things moving. The temptation when you have reached a level of success is to sit back and be satisfied with that. But each success should be viewed not as a point of arrival but a stepping stone to your next level of success. Yes, it’s great to celebrate the wins and rejoice in what you’ve done but then keep moving forward, don’t stop!!
3. Look out for the potholes. Firstly don’t be surprised that there will be potholes ahead. Sometimes we fall into the trap of thinking that when we’ve reached a level of success there will be no more trouble. But the opposite is actually true. So don’t be surprised, actually keep an eye out for perceived challenges ahead and deal with them as they come. This way obstacles will be less likely to stop you or even slow you down.
4. Make sure you’re moving in the right direction. Once you are moving, make sure you’re heading in the right direction. Check in with the Holy Spirit, with the Vision you have. Make sure everything is in alignment with that. If it isn’t turn around and go back!
5. Enjoy the journey! Your journey with the Lord is not supposed to be all serious. Have fun, laugh lots, laugh out loud. Celebrate the wins!! This is a key part of momentum in your life. Make sure you’re having a good time and enjoying what you’re doing.
So all these points not only apply to you personally but to us as a Church. Let’s keep going, keep moving together as we reach the City, the Nation and Nations of the World for the Lord Jesus Christ. Together we build momentum and together we’ll see things change.
Enjoying the Journey with you.
Nu and Taua.
We are working on a few building projects around the church. Leo Robinson is leading these projects and is looking for some helpers to assist him. If you’re available to lend a hand during the week and/or on a Saturday please contact the office or fill in a Welcome Card.
You’re help would be greatly appreciated. No building experience needed. Just be available.